Blind Jack Nut
Blind jack nut (Rivet) is an economical threaded Insert designed for use in thin, soft, or brittle materials such as plastic, ceramic, MDF or glass etc.
This type of jack nuts is created mainly for the attachment of thin metallic plates and can be easily used on plates in 0.3mm thickness. While installed, the total height is less than 1cm and the body collapses on the backside to form legs that grip the inside of the mounting surface, making it the best choice for fastening related automotive plaques.
In 2023, we get the IATF 16949 certificated and carbon steel and A4-stainless both available.
- Fasten in blind holes
- No damage to the base material
- Economics choice
- Available in Stainless steel A4
- Fastens securely despite burrs or uneven substrate
- Not hole diameter sensitive
- Suitable for a wide grip range
- Vehicle fenders
- Vehicle body panels
- General composites
- Plastic furniture
- Brittle or soft materials
- Uneven substrate
- The hole is too large for the thread you wish to use
- Any rigid thick material and blind holes where a rivet nut is either out of grip or cannot get a purchase.
- Wood, chipboard, particle board, hardboard, MDF
- Glass reinforced plastics (GRP)
- Most rigid plastics (PVC, polythene, polypropylene etc, etc)
- Ceramics and glass
How to install jack nuts into sheet metal
- Prepare the mounting tool and jack nut with screw
- Put the jack nut with screw into the groove of tool
- Insert the jack nut with screw into the pre drilled hole of sheet metal
- Pull close the handles until jack nut flat clamp the sheet metal (such as automobile plaques)
- Remove the tool and screw